Re: sane-find-scanner does, scanimage doesn't find scanner

From: David M. Anderson (davidand36@home.com)
Date: Fri Jul 20 2001 - 00:10:12 PDT

    Thanks for your attention, Henning.

    When I run "make distclean" and then "./configure", I see the messages:
        checking for /usr/i386-slackware-linux/bin/ld option to reload object
    files... -r
        checking dynamic linker characteristics... Linux ld.so
        checking for objdir... .libs
        creating libtool

    I didn't find anything obviously relevent in config.log. (At 502 lines, I'd
    hate to quote it here. If there is anything specific I should look for that I
    might have overlooked, please let me know.)

    The size of my scanimage is 157000 bytes, so I guess it is not statically
    linked. And, no, there isn't another copy of SANE on my sytem.

    Mysterious, huh?

    Thanks,
    Dave