Re: sane-find-scanner does, scanimage doesn't find scanner

From: Petter Reinholdtsen (pere@hungry.com)
Date: Thu Jul 19 2001 - 00:44:05 PDT

    [David M. Anderson]
    > When I do this:
    >    $ sane-find-scanner
    > I get this:
    >    sane-find-scanner: found scanner "UMAX Astra 1200S V2.6" at device
    > /dev/sg3
    > But when I do this:
    >     $ scanimage -L
    > I get this:
    >     No scanners were identified. ...
    > Any idea what's going on here?

    My first guess would be an unsupported scanner, but if it used to work
    as you mention below, it must be something else.

    Could it be that scanimage is unable to load the backend modules? Try
    to run 'SANE_DEBUG_DLL=128 scanimage -L' and make sure the UMAX module
    is loaded. If it is, try 'SANE_DEBUG_UMAX=128 scanimage -L' to find
    out why it fails to detect the scanner.

    --
    ##>  Petter Reinholdtsen  <##  |  pere@hungry.com