Scanning with Mustek

From: Marshall Lake (mlake@melake.erols.com)
Date: Sun Jul 15 2001 - 07:20:28 PDT

    I recently upgraded my system. Prior to the upgrade I had no problem
    scanning, but since the upgrade scanning in color sometimes works and
    sometimes doesn't. Scanning in B&W always works. When the scan doesn't
    work I get an I/O error on the scanning device. I've tried xscanimage and
    xsane with the same results. And I've tried setting and unsetting option
    linedistance-fix.

    My system consists of Linux 2.4.3 (previously 2.2.x), sane 1.0.5
    (previously an earlier version), xsane 0.78, and xscanimage 1.0.2, a
    Mustek MFS-12000SP, a BusLogic BT-958 with firmware 5.07B, and driver
    version 2.1.15.

    Has anyone else encountered similar problems?

    --
    Marshall Lake - mlake@melake.erols.com - http://melake.erols.com