Re: Avision Backend with HP5300C USB

From: René Rebe (rene.rebe@gmx.net)
Date: Sun Jul 08 2001 - 16:07:39 PDT

    Hi.

    On Sun, 8 Jul 2001 14:00:26 +0100
    "Fernando Pando" <fpando@nyc.rr.com> wrote:

    [...]

    First a warning: I only heared from one who got the scanner to deliver uncurrupted
    images ... !

    > --what patch? what is it called? where can i get it?

    what:
      A patch to add the name of the hp5300 into the Avision-backend.

    It changes the line 542 in the avision-backend from:

    if (strcmp (&mfg, "AVISION ") != 0) {
    to:
    if (strcmp (&mfg, "AVISION ") != 0 || strcmp( &mfg, "HP " ) != 0)

    called & where:
      no idea where the current patch can be found.

    > --what is the hp5300 kernel module? does it build automatically when patch
    > is applied to kernel source?

    A kernel-driver which emulates a SCSI scanner for the HP5300 scanner:

    It can be found in the Alan Cox Kernel series and is called: hp5300.o

    (It doesn't work for the most people and Oliver <Oliver.Neukum@lrz.uni-muenchen.de>
    is working on a new driver:

    SANE-ML 2001-07-03:

    )

    > --what is the AC Kernel series?

    The Linux kernel series, maintained by Alan Cox:

    http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/alan/2.4/

    > --where are the examples?

    Who talked about examples?? ;-) (It doesn't work ...)

    > Any information provided would be very useful. I am using kernel 2.4.4.
    > USB support appears to be working fine, however, "USB device 2 (vend/prod
    > 0x3f0/0x701) is not claimed by any active driver."

    You should wait for the new hp5300->SCSI module or get a new scanner :-(.

    > Thanks in Advance,
    > Fernando Pando

    [...]

    k33p h4ck1n6 René

    --
    René Rebe (Registered Linux user: #127875)

    eMail: rene.rene@gmx.net rene.rebe@rocklinux.org

    Homepage: http://www.rene.rebe.myokay.net/

    Anyone sending unwanted advertising e-mail to this address will be charged $25 for network traffic and computing time. By extracting my address from this message or its header, you agree to these terms.