Re: yet another release

From: Douglas Gilbert (dgilbert@interlog.com)
Date: Thu Jul 05 2001 - 04:20:50 PDT

    Jose Paulo Moitinho de Almeida wrote:

    > On Thursday 05 July 2001 10:28, you wrote:
    > > > Quick report for 0.0.2
    > > >
    > > > Apparently it is going a bit further than 0.0.1 - it enters and exits
    > > > scatter/gather and "larger logs" are created - but it hangs and it is not
    > > > possible to kill the process, even with a -9 or turning off the scanner.
    > > > For version 0.0.1 I could always kill the process just with a ^c.
    > >
    > > When does it hang ?
    > >

    > That is what I tried to understand, but yesterday I wasn't working properly.
    > First I could not recognize a patern and then I prepared some logs that I
    > forgot to copy ...
    >
    > Note that it just the process that hangs, much better than the old hp5300
    > module, which had a global effect.
    >
    > I will try to do a better detective work tonight.

    Jose,
    I few suggestions:
      - go to http://www.torque.net/sg and get the most
        recent sg driver [sg version 3.1.19]. See the
        FAQ (on that page) point 2.10 for the reason
        why.
      - If it locks up, look at the output of
        'cat /proc/scsi/sg/debug' and see if you can
        work out what is happening (or send the output
        to me)

    Doug Gilbert