Re: Compiling problems on Redhat 7.0

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (henning@meier-geinitz.de)
Date: Sun Jul 01 2001 - 03:01:38 PDT

    On Sat, Jun 30, 2001 at 05:23:51PM -0400, Matt wrote:
    > I am have been trying to compile any version of sane (currently 1.0.4)
    > and I get to scanimage.c and it errors out saing that there is an
    > undefined reference to atexit. Any ideas?

    Please try the latest pre-release (http://www.mostang.com/sane/) or
    release 1.0.5 when it is released and send the exact error message
    including all the lines of the compiliation command. Thanks.

    Please also have a look at include/sane/config.h and send send the
    line containig "#define HAVE_ATEXIT".

    I have never heard before about problems with atexit so maybe you can
    provide some more details about your system (kernel version, glibc
    version).

    Bye,
      Henning