Re: Hardware details for FB630U

From: Simon Heywood (simon.heywood@physics.org)
Date: Wed Jun 13 2001 - 08:12:52 PDT

    On Wed, 13 Jun 2001, Simon Krix wrote:
    > Brilliant, you're a genius. Well, maybe not since you just broke your
    > scanner.

    Well, I managed to get the glass back on OK, and used the glue marks to
    line it up. Fortunately the glue stuck back on fairly well when I pressed
    it. I'd write a HOWTO for dismantling the scanner if I thought it might be
    any use. ;-)

    > But, what this means is that you can use the protocol that I have
    > already worked out to support 630U (and 330U as well). All you need to do
    > is figure out how to use that GL640 chip. Hopefully it will be a simple
    > encapsulating thing.

    Hopefully, though the GL640 docs show that the chip has at least 3 FIFOs,
    a microprocessor, and a partridge in a pear tree (as a friend of mine put
    it). Perhaps I should post to linux-usb-devel in case someone there knows
    more about the chip.

    I've yet to develop the photographs, but I've made a nice ASCII art
    diagram of the PCB with all the ICs labelled, plus some text printed on
    the board. You can view this at:

    http://www.warwick.ac.uk/~phucq/scanner/fb630u_pcb_plan.txt

    Right, now I'll have a look at the FB630P code!

    BFN

    --
      Simon Heywood <simon.heywood@physics.org>
      website: http://www.warwick.ac.uk/~phucq/