Re: HP Scanjet 2200C

From: Stefan Nilsen (stefan.nilsen@telia.com)
Date: Sun Jun 10 2001 - 08:34:11 PDT

    > > I'm asking because the documentation from National does not describe all
    > > the details of the communication part, only what the internal registers
    > > in the scanner do, which is great, but unfortenatly not enough for me.
    >
    > The way how to read and write registers was described in a different
    > document (I don't remeber its name). >ou should understand it by
    > looking at the following source codes:

    I have looked, but does not find any :-(

    > There is some code for LM9831 based scanners at
    > http://www.meier-geinitz.de/sane/download.html (llook for test program
    > for BearPaw) and
    > http://zeus.instmath.rwth-aachen.de/~heine/sane-lm9831/lm9831.html.

    I have tried, and it works. It turns the light on and moves the head, and I
    get some register contents.

    > I tried to write a backend for the Mustek BearPaw series but don't
    > have enough time. Quite some people also wanted to help and write code
    > but currently I don't know of any results.

    I will use the above code as a base for more investigation now. I have also
    now found more info about the protocol used when reading/writing to registers.

    /Stefan