Re: Compiling on OS/2

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (henning@meier-geinitz.de)
Date: Mon Jun 04 2001 - 09:00:17 PDT

    On Sun, Jun 03, 2001 at 09:14:30PM +0200, Franz Bakan wrote:
    > To compile sane-backends/frontend/test
    > I had to change the order of some #include commands in test.c:
    > If I use the following order it builds:
    > #include <ctype.h>
    > #include <limits.h>
    > #include <netdb.h>
    > #include <stdio.h>
    > #include <stdlib.h>
    > #include <string.h>
    > #include <unistd.h>
    >
    > #include <sys/socket.h>
    > #include <sys/types.h>
    >
    > #include <netinet/in.h>
    >
    > #include <sane/sane.h>

    ??? This *is* the order in current CVS.

    > 'make install' partly works, but has some minor problems because
    > it does not find the dlls because there are no dlls ...

    This may be because of --disable-dynamic instead of --disable-shared.

    > I also succeeded to build a statical linked working Xscanimage :-)

    Fine.

    > I had to copy 'g:/XFree86/bin/gtk12-config' to 'g:/XFree86/bin/gtk-config'

    You can also set the environment variable GTK_CONFIG to
    g:/XFree86/bin/gtk12-config, at least that works on FreeBSD.

    > and used:
    > sh configure --with-sane-prefix=g:/usr --disable-sanetest
    > --with-gtk-prefix=g:/XFree86 --disable-gtktest
    >
    > I had to delete the 'struct timespec' definition from pthread.h
    > because this def is allready in sys/time.h

    Am I right that this is not a SANE problem?

    > I have documented all this at
    > http://home.tiscalinet.de/fbakan/sane105.htm

    Thanks. I think the best thing is to put a link into the platforms
    list for 1.0.5 and maybe on the related page.

    Bye,
      Henning