Re: New member with questions...

From: Gregory F. March (march@gfm.net)
Date: Fri Jun 01 2001 - 08:23:10 PDT

    On Jun 1, 2001, Tim Waugh <twaugh@redhat.com> wrote:

     |On Fri, Jun 01, 2001 at 10:44:15AM -0400, Gregory F. March wrote:
     |
     |> scanimage: reading one scanline, 7650 bytes... FAIL Error: Error
     |> during device I/O
     |
     |I think this is the problem that is fixed in CVS, and in the Red Hat
     |Linux 7.1 sane package.

    Tim,

    I read about this fix and my assumption was that the latest stable
    release would be the same codebase as what went into RH7.1 package and
    hence solve this problem. Is that true or was the RH7.1 cut made from
    the CVS tree and not on the website as a tarball?

    For reference, I am running 1.0.4 sane-backend.

    Thanks!

    /greg

    --
    Gregory F. March    -=-    http://www.gfm.net/~march    -=-    AIM:GfmNet