Microtec X6 wrong colors

From: Aristides Kontogeorgis (kontogar@math.uch.gr)
Date: Tue May 29 2001 - 04:02:47 PDT

    I own a microtex X6 and the colors appear green sometimes.
    This is a known problem and I was advised to upgrade the
    firmware of the scaner to 1.6 ( It is now 1.0)

    This sounds difficult to me.

    An alternative aproach might be the following:
    Now I have to scan a picture twice, if the first
    scanning is green I change the x-coordinade of the
    scanning area one pixel to the left or right and the colors
    are correct.

    I also think that in 200dpi resolution I got always correct colors
    if the x-coordinate is divisible by 2.
    This channges in different resulotions.
    Question:
    Can one think of a general formula of the correct x-coordinates?

    If the answer is yes, then I will try to modify xsane so that the possible
    coordinates of the scanning area give correct colors
    (for example in the 200dpi resolution the marching area selection
    tool has to move in steps of 2.)

    --
    Aristides Kontogeorgis
    University Of Crete