[Fwd: [BUG] Epson 1640SU, xsane preview problem]]

From: Jean-Luc Coulon (jean-luc.coulon@wanadoo.fr)
Date: Fri May 25 2001 - 14:18:13 PDT

    Hi Karl-Heinz,

    I have got some problems with xsane.
    I think you follow the list so you maybe you are already tuned on !

    The 1st problem was with the preview window, the displayed picture was
    no always the last one. Oliver seems to have found the problem. Now he
    has to fix it ;-)

    The second problem was with the autoselect scanarea in preview mode. The
    bottom line is at the correct position, the right and left lines stay at
    their rest position and the top line sometimes stay at 0, and sometimes
    is at about 2 cm from the border of the picture.

    I've sent Oliver the result of a preview and he said that there is a one
    pixel black border around the picture. He suggest I ask you ...

    Do you have any idea ?

    My configuration : sane-backends-1.0.4 with sane_epson_2001033
                       xsane-0.77
    The scanner is an Epson Perfection 1640SU Photo

    Any idea ?

    Other thing : I've seen a paper on a photo magazine about a colorimeter.
    Its name is "Kleobasic", it is USB and quite cheap (in comparison with
    what we can found). Its price is about FF 1550 (= Euros 236). Do you
    know about it ?
    ref : <qubyx.com>

    ---------
    Best Regards
                    Jean-Luc

    attached mail follows:

    Jean-Luc Coulon wrote:

    > Hi Oliver,
    >
    > Here it is !
    >
    > > Hi Jean-Luc,
    > >
    > > please select as size "full size" and do a preview,
    > > then copy preview-level-0-*.ppm (is in the directory
    > > selected as temporary directory in setup) to your
    > > home directory.
    > > If there is more than one preview-level-0*.ppm then
    > > exit xsane and remove all preview-level* files before
    > > you do the preview above.
    > >
    > > Do not exit xsane before copying the preview
    > > because the file is erased when xsane quits.
    > >
    > > Please gzip the preview-level-0*.ppm and
    > > send it to me (not to the list).
    > >
    > I will send all the traces and pictures to the list ;-)))
    >
    > -----------
    > Regards
    > Jean-Luc

    Hi jean-Luc,

    there is a dark one pixel frame around the image.
    The auto-selection routine works correct.

    I suggest you contact the backend author and
    try to solve the problem with the dark frame
    around the image.

    Bye
    Oliver

    --