Re: [BUG] Epson 1640SU, xsane preview problem

From: Jean-Luc Coulon (jean-luc.coulon@wanadoo.fr)
Date: Fri May 25 2001 - 01:09:35 PDT

    Hi Oliver

    Oliver Rauch wrote:

    > Jean-Luc Coulon wrote:
    > >
    > > Oliver Rauch wrote:
    > > > Hi,
    > > >
    > > > please do:
    > > > export XSANE_DEBUG=20
    > > > export SANE_DEBUG_EPSON=3
    > > >
    > > > and please try again.
    > >
    > > Hi Oliver !
    > >
    > > Here it is !
    > >
    > > I've done a preview with full size, then I switched to DIN A4 Port.
    > > without
    > > moving the document and then I've moved the document still in DIN A4.
    > >
    > > All that only in the preview mode / preview window.
    >
    > Ok, thanks for the debug output.
    >
    > The preview scans are all done with 50 dpi, so the quality should
    > be the same. It can only be a rounding problem.
    >
    > Please would you do the following test:
    >
    > change xsane-preview.c line 2066:
    > from:
    > if (quality <= min_quality)
    > {
    > return min_quality;
    > }
    > to:
    > if (quality <= min_quality+20)

    With this change, it works !

    Now, back to the "resize" function.
    Basically it works : I was confused with the previous problem.
    But the "autoselect" button does not work as expected.

    If I place a drawind in the middle of the bed, any size selected, only
    the bottom line is at the right place, the other ones are at the
    top/left/right ends of the format.

    Why is the color set to 25 instead of 55 in xsane-preview.c, line 5505 ?
    (this has no effect for my problem)

    -----
    Regards
                    Jean-Luc