Re: Canon 620S conf file

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (henning@meier-geinitz.de)
Date: Thu May 24 2001 - 02:20:31 PDT

    On Thu, May 24, 2001 at 09:50:35AM +1000, Mick Barry wrote:
    > > If canon.conf is empty or doesn't exist, /dev/scanner is used,
    > > otherwise the device mentioned in canon.conf.
    > >

    > Does the device specified on the command line affect this.
    > ie. should the following work WITHOUT a conf file?
    > 'scanimage -d canon:b2t2l0'

    I didn't write the code so I'm not absolutely sure. It looks like only
    the devices in canon.conf (or /dev/scanner) is checked. The name on
    the command line is only to select one of the devices found (e.g. if
    you have more than one Canon scanner). So you must add the device to
    the canon.conf file. Fot Unix that's usually no problem because you
    just link /dev/scanner to /dev/sg1 (or whatever) and it works.

    > >> Currently been trying variations of:
    > >> scsi canon
    > >> b2t2l0 # <- this is the device
    > >

    > > If this is the normal name for SCSI devices with OS/2, that's correct.
    > > I don't think the automatic detection by "scsi canon" will work with
    > > OS/2.
    > >

    > What is that option supposed to do anyway?

    Looking at all SCSI devices for the vendor string "canon" and opening
    it.

    Bye,
      Henning