Re: [BUG] Epson 1640SU, xsane preview problem

From: Jean-Luc Coulon (jean-luc.coulon@wanadoo.fr)
Date: Wed May 23 2001 - 13:10:40 PDT

    Oliver Rauch wrote:

    > Jean-Luc Coulon wrote:
    >

    > > 5 - move the picture to the upper right corner of the bed
    > > click "preview"
    > > during the scan, the picture appears on the upper left corner, as
    > > expected
    > > BUT as soon as the head go to its rest position, the picture _jump_
    > > to the
    > > other corner (previous scan).
    >
    > Just tested it again.
    > Wokrs ok with the umax backend.
    >
    > When the new preview is not used this normally means that there was
    > a problem while scanning the new preview image.
    >

    > > 6 - In all the cases, I cannot trim the picture vertically. The dashed
    > > line
    > > appears under and on the side of the picture when I move it with the
    > > mouse
    > > but the vertical line jump to the border of the format when the scan
    > > begin.
    >
    > also works correct with the umax backend.
    >

    > > When I do a scan, it is "normal" according to the position of the
    > > picture on
    > > the bed and not to the displayed preview (of course!). But this is a bit
    > >
    > > annoying.
    >
    > ??? I do not understand what you want to tell me ???

    I will try to be more clear :

    In the tests, I don't REALLY scan the document (with the normal
    definition),
    I only do a serie of previews.

    I've done more tests with xsane-0.74 to xsane-0.77, with quiteinsane and
    with
    xscanimage.

    All the versions of xsane have the problem.
    xscanimage and quiteinsane work for me.

    1 - If I do a preview with the paper size set to "full size", all is
    right :
    all the pictures dislayed in the preview window are correct in regard of
    the position of the document on the bed.

    2 - If now, I switch to an other document size (i.e. DIN A4 port.), the
    first preview is ok and the following ones are not : if I move the
    document, the displayed picture is always the one of the first preview.
    In this case, while the head is moving, the picture appears correctly
    and jump to the previous place when the scanner head go back to its rest
    position.

    3 - If I begin the tests with an other document size than "full size"
    (i.e.
    DIN A4 port.), all is correct with this document size. If now, I change
    the
    size back to "full size", the preview is ok but if I change once again
    to an other format, the problem appears like before.

    About the dashed lines around the picture. Maybe I've not well
    understood how it work. When I start a preview, the lower line is just
    under the document, not the upper one, not the right one, not the left
    one. If I move them with the mouse, they are automatically resetted ..

    -----
    Regards
                    Jean-Luc