[BUG] Epson 1640SU, xsane preview problem

From: Jean-Luc Coulon (jean-luc.coulon@wanadoo.fr)
Date: Wed May 23 2001 - 00:11:47 PDT

    (sorry for the noise, I've already sent this message, but it seems to be
    lost)

    Hi!

    I've an Epson Perfection 1640SU Photo.
    I use :
            sane-backends-1.0.4 with sane_epson_20010331
            sane-frontends-1.0.4
            xsane-0.76
            gimp-1.2.1

    I've a preview problem with xsane.

    The folowing procedure produces the failure for me :

    1 - get a picture (a CD jacket is nice).

    2 - put ii on the glass is the upper right corner
        left the paper size to "maximum"
        click "preview"
        you will see the picture, normally, in the upper left corner of the
    preview

    3 - move the CD jacket to the upper left corner
        left the paper size to "maximum"
        click "preview"
        you will see the picture, normally, in the upper right corner of the
    preview

    4 - change the size to "DIN A4 portrait"
        left the CD jacket on the upper left corner
        click "preview"
        you will see, normally, the picture in the upper right corner,
    slightly
        truncated.

    5 - move the picture to the upper right corner of the bed
        click "preview"
        during the scan, the picture appears on the upper left corner, as
    expected
        BUT as soon as the head go to its rest position, the picture _jump_
    to the
        other corner (previous scan).

    6 - In all the cases, I cannot trim the picture vertically. The dashed
    line
        appears under and on the side of the picture when I move it with the
    mouse
        but the vertical line jump to the border of the format when the scan
    begin.

    When I do a scan, it is "normal" according to the position of the
    picture on
    the bed and not to the displayed preview (of course!). But this is a bit

    annoying.
    This problem does not exists with xscanimage so I suspect a bug in
    xsane.

    Any idea ?

    ----
    Regards