Re: Q: windows port

From: Mick Barry (mick@objects.com.au)
Date: Tue May 22 2001 - 17:24:54 PDT

    Certainly possible.
    The SANE backend software only runs on Unix (or OS/2 a bit) so you'll
    only be able to talk to scanners attached to Unix boxes.
    But the SANE supports accessing scanners remotely, allowing you to
    access the scanner from other machines on the network regardless of OS.
    We've done some work interfacing SANE and Java, if you're interested
    you'll find more info at http://www.objects.com.au/products/josi

    mick
    http://www.objects.com.au