RE: PNM device configuration

From: shailendra mehta (shailendra.mehta@tatainfotech.com)
Date: Mon May 21 2001 - 20:25:56 PDT

    Hi ,
    Thanks Henning. Its now working.
    I want to use PNM device for testing my code using SANE APIs.
    I have compiled it as per the steps in Makefile of scanimage.c code.
    But I require minimum steps to compile it since this code is small part in
    my application.
    Also can anybody help me how to use the library for static linking while
    making.

    Thanks & regards
    --Shailendra

    If you use the current CVS tree, pnm is disabled by default. Use
    configure --enable-pnm-backend to enable it before compilation. Also
    remove the comment in dll.conf after installation.

    Also have a look at PROBLEMS and man sane-pnm.

    If you are using SANE 1.0.4 or below, there must be another problem.
    What's the output of

    SANE_DEBUG_DLL=255 scanimage -L ?

    Bye,
      Henning