Re: Recommend a USB scanner with Transparency Scanning

From: Karl Heinz Kremer (khk@khk.net)
Date: Sat May 19 2001 - 09:07:34 PDT

    On Sat, May 19, 2001 at 08:54:05AM -0700, lee johnson wrote:
    > On 19 May 2001 11:48:38 +0100, Jin-Ru Ong wrote:
    > > I have an Epson Perfection 1640 USB scanner with a transparency adapter and
    > > managed to get it working (partially) with GIMP/xscanimage. Xsane still
    > > doesn't want to work and I've given up tweaking the system for now....
    >
    > i'd rather go with epson ( i have epson stylus printer i happy with! )
    > but from webpage at xsane I understand that the xsane backend for epson
    > is alpha? and might not work?..

    alpha ... beta ... these are just words :-) The EPSON backend is pretty stable for
    all newer EPSON scanners. There are some problems with older scanners, mainly
    because I don't have access to anything oder than a Perfection 1200. All newer
    scanners (even the Expression series with FireWire interfaces) are fully
    supported.

    Karl Heinz