Re: how to write a manpage

From: scc (fsanta@arrakis.es)
Date: Fri May 18 2001 - 18:07:34 PDT

    Hi.

    Good question. I think that the man page idea goes back to when unix was on
    teletypes and was written for experts by experts. Command line stuff works
    well in this format but many of the current Linux stuff doesn't. If you do
    find out that there is a document somewhere on how to write a man page, then
    could it include a section for Linux beginners too? Or at least examples? And
    not too many 'see also's'? I found that the very worse people to ask for help
    are those with root access as they seem incapable of expressing themselves in
    anything other than --./configure makefile [-- switch] -x_file language.

    From Ana at FeF, Spain. Secretary and changeover-to-Linux sufferer for most
    of last year!