Re: Snapscan ... again

From: Oliver Schwartz (Oliver.Schwartz@gmx.de)
Date: Mon May 14 2001 - 10:57:41 PDT

    > pss->devname = strdup (name);
    > if (!name)
    > Why are you testing 'name' and not pss->devname?
    > name is the first function argument.

    I think you are right. I'll change this in the snapscan CVS code. Anyway,
    it'll probably not fix your original problem...

    In an earlier mail you posted
    > [snapscan] add_device: error opening device /dev/pass3: Invalid argument
    This may be a hint that your snapscan.conf file is not set up correctly.
    There has to be one line in snapscan.conf specifying your device, e.g.
    '/dev/sg0'.

    > With the original sane-backend I could scan in B&W, with snapscan-20010411
    > the backend crashs (seg fault).

    Can you please execute 'export SANE_DEBUG_SNAPSCAN=255', execute xsane and
    mail me the console output?

    Oliver