Re: Xsane - winsane? was Re: saned won't run under inetd

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (henning@meier-geinitz.de)
Date: Sat May 12 2001 - 12:49:18 PDT

    On Sat, May 12, 2001 at 12:13:04PM +0000, Paul Nixon wrote:
    > Okay, I think I know what happened on my system. /etc/ld.so.conf
    > contained /usr/local/lib/sane and so I had to create the libsane.so.1 ->
    > libsane.so.1.0.4 link and cp ../libsane.so.1.0.4 here. I have since
    > changed /etc/ld.so.conf to point to /usr/local/lib (I thought I read
    > this shouldn't be in the file in the first place?)

    I think /usr/local/lib/sane had to be added to /etc/ld.so.conf for
    older versions of sane. SOme details about this are in the INSTALL
    file of sane-frontends (and probably xsane, too).

    > xscanimage still coredumps on preview and fails to complete a scan.
    > Normally with my scanner set to 100dpi it can do a photo in a single
    > pass in a very short time. Now however it sounds like it scans a bit
    > then backtracks, scans a bit more, etc. Xscanimage and xsane now don't
    > seem to get a signal from the scanner that it's finished.

    I don't know your backend, but maybe the snapscan updates from
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/snapscan are necessary? Also you may
    try to add the patch for sanei/sanei_scsi.c I mentioned earlier. I
    don't know if this is needed (scsi over usbor something like that?)

    Bye,
      Henning