Canon N656U/lm983x/NS/Merlin specifications

From: Dec (dec@rm-f.net)
Date: Fri May 11 2001 - 17:47:22 PDT

    Greetings,

    Just until recently I purchased a Canon 656U scanner. Slit, silver, and
    slim :)

    Since you're in the process of writing a sane backend, I
    thought perhaps I could help you out.

    So, let's start from the very beginning.. Do you know which lm chip
    this scanner has? I suppose it's lm9832 (as 650U has). I've not
    tried ct yet, but I'll give it a try tomorrow..

    What documents/specifications have you found?

    I've got something I found from the Merlin pages and as well
    from the National Semiconductor site..

    Do you have the USB mini-driver specification? Link from the Merlin
    was broken...

    Thanks,

    --
    Yip yip yip yip yap yap yip *BANG* --- NO TERRIER