[dev] Draft of sane man page

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (henning@meier-geinitz.de)
Date: Sat May 05 2001 - 05:11:22 PDT

    this is a draft of a manual page for sane. It can be read with
    "nroff -man sane.man|less" (at least on my GNU/Linux system).

    It's purpose:

    * Short summary about SANE
    * Where to find more information on various aspects of SANE
    * Solutions to frequent problems

    Everything concerning installation will stay in README.

    Please check the man page. Any spelling mistakes? Something that can
    be said in clearer words? A Phrase that wouldn't be used in English
    (I'm German :-)) Anything missing? Backend maintainers may want to
    update their entries in this man page.

    I wasn't sure if I should add the SANE API calls but I think that
    wouldn't help because a programmer must read the standard in any case and
    it would make the man page even longer.

    What about the chapter for such a kind of man page? The backends are
    in 5, probably because of their configuration files. Maybe 3? But no
    library call is named in the manual page.

    Bye,
      Henning