RE: SANE API & file format

From: shailendra mehta (shailendra.mehta@tatainfotech.com)
Date: Thu May 03 2001 - 21:12:53 PDT

    Hi mick
    Thank you for your reply.
    Can you give me some guidelines regarding storage of the file.
    Bcos byte format read from API is not char *(or any other standard type) but
    SANE_bye.
    What should I do for those read bytes?

    Thanks again for your help.
    --Shailendra

    Sorry Shailendra ,

    The answer to your question is that SANE does not support storage of
    specific file formats. The image is returned from the scanner in the
    format specified in the SANE standard. If you wish to save the image in
    another format then you are responsible for handling this.

    mick