Re: : trust imagery 1200 wont work with xscanimage "no sane device"

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (henning@meier-geinitz.de)
Date: Tue May 01 2001 - 02:00:11 PDT

    On Tue, May 01, 2001 at 06:13:10AM +0100, B Patston wrote:
    > I use the scsi adapter that was originally supplied with it. I don't know
    > which is the scsi driver, is that windows software or hardware
    > I don't know which the adapter card is, doesn't say in the documentation.

    Usually a 53C400A or something like that.

    > Maybe there is a problem with my hardware, I have absolutely no idea, being
    > a newbie to everything hardware, linux and sane.

    You need to load the Linux SCSI driver first. That's the driver for
    your SCSI adapter. Usually you can do this as user root with:

    modprobe g_NCR5380 ncr_addr=0x280 ncr_53c400a=1

    If this doesn't work try to change the port address. Details can be
    found here: http://www.meier-geinitz.de/sane/trouble.html#SCSI

    Bye,
      Henninh