Re: scanimage -T using Purify...

From: Petter Reinholdtsen (pere@hungry.com)
Date: Sun Apr 29 2001 - 09:53:45 PDT

    [Henning Meier-Geinitz]
    > Something like
    > while((len > 0) && (isspace(str[--len])))
    > should fix this. Petter, can you check this with purify?

    You where right. This change fixed the problem. I fixed this in CVS.

    > This isn't caused by SANE?

    Nope, it is libc. The resolver library keeps the file open.

    > [lots of leaks in sanei_wire]
    > Are these the leaks you fixed or are these additional ones?

    These are the additional ones. I fixed some buffers and the name of
    the network device.

    For the rest, I tried to understand what happens, but do not really
    understand how the structures are constructed, and failed to find the
    solution.

    I'll check the source in a few days, and see how many problems are
    left. I'll try to find a way to test saned and the driver, but it
    will require some infrastrucure changes. :-)

    If I only managed to compile gtk+ (and all the required libraries) on
    the Solaris 8 box then I could test the graphical frontends as well.
    Hopefully soon. :-)