Re: Problems with xsane & scanner

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (henning@meier-geinitz.de)
Date: Thu Apr 26 2001 - 12:04:45 PDT

    On Thu, Apr 26, 2001 at 07:18:28PM +0000, Victor wrote:
    > BUT now the problem is with the Gimp. I've tried to download gimp1.1
    > through dselect (the standard (great!!) package manager under debian)
    > and it says that "gimp conflicts with sane and xsane" ???. What does
    > it mean? I can't make head or tail of it above of because at the very
    > beginning of this story I had downloaded a sane-gimp package which
    > was supposted to give me support for the scanner under gimp 1.1
    > through xscanimage.

    Probably you have installed the sane and xsane packages from Debian.
    These are the frontends compiled without gimp support. The right
    packages for the gimp are sane-gimp and xsane-gimp. I think you need
    packages for gimp1.1. If this doesn't work, remove the Debian sane
    packages and compile the frontends yourself (don't forget to install
    libgimp-1.1-dev).

    Bye,
      Henning