Re: Problems with xsane & usb

From: Howard Gilbert (post@howard-gilbert.uklinux.net)
Date: Mon Apr 23 2001 - 15:54:57 PDT

    Hi Vittorio,

    I recently got an Epson 1240U working with Sane/Xsane after many initial
    problems. I don't know which kernel you are using. I used 2.4.2
    The filescanner.c in the drivers directory needed to be modified. If you go down
    'til you get to Epson you wiil see several lines with product and vendor
    codes BUT the 1240 is not there. Copy one of the existing lines and then
    substitute Vendor=0x04b8 Product=0x010b into it. It worked for me.
    (If you're using kernel it 2.4.3 may be OK but I don't know).

    --
    Hope this helps,
    Best wishes,