Re: New Backend for ScanMaker3600

From: Marian Eichholz (marian.eichholz@freenet-ag.de)
Date: Mon Apr 23 2001 - 10:08:14 PDT

    Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > On Tue, Apr 17, 2001 at 11:56:21AM +0200, Marian Eichholz wrote:
    > > Well, the SANE makefile integration is the part, where help will be
    > > apprechiated. At present there have to be some manual modifications of
    > > the Makefile, and it would be very nice to get it integrated into future
    > > releases of the backends.
    > >
    > > So, who can we contact for the frameworking issues?
    >
    > I'm not a Makefile expert but just ask me or the list. If I understand
    > correctly you must check for libusb and its header file in configure
    > and use #IFDEFs to only compile your backend (or parts of it) if the
    > lib is present.

    Hmmm... I'll have a look, because we have now the very first working
    versions of a module. And we have to build at least a patch for the
    Makefile.in and(?) the configure script to get it integrated.

    Alternatively I could integrate the tmc.c code of Oliver Neukum...

    Let me think, but thank You for the offer at first!

    --
    Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Yours sincerely

    Marian Eichholz

    - - - - - - - - - - - Marian Eichholz Postmaster freenet.de AG Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Gerhard Schmid Deelbögenkamp 4c Vorstand: Eckhard Spoerr (Vors.), Axel Krieger 22297 Hamburg Amtsgericht Hamburg, HRB 74048