Re: Problems with Agfa Snapscan 1212u_2 USB Scanner...

From: Oliver Schwartz (Oliver.Schwartz@gmx.de)
Date: Sun Apr 22 2001 - 12:49:01 PDT

    I guess you use wrong settings in your snapscan.conf, something like a line
    with "usb AGFA" - this does not work. You can see the result in the log:

    > [hankey@ceri2 backend]$ SANE_DEBUG_SNAPSCAN=255 gimp>debug.log
    > [sanei_debug] Setting debug level of snapscan to 255.
    > [snapscan] sane_snapscan_init
    > [snapscan] add_device(usb AGFA)
    > [snapscan] add_device: Detected (kind of) an USB device
    > [snapscan] usb_open(usb AGFA)
    > [snapscan] add_device: error opening device usb AGFA: Invalid argument

    What snapscan.conf should contain is something like

    scsi AGFA
    /dev/usbscanner

    The device name in snapscan.conf depends on your distribution, it may be
    /dev/usbscanner or /dev/usb/scanner0. However, make sure you use a real
    devicename and no link (like /dev/scanner) to the device. It is important
    that the devicename contains "usb" somewhere. The first line, "scsi AGFA",
    must contain "scsi", regardless of an USB model. Hm, confusing?

    If no usb scanner device node exists on your system you have to create it
    manually (with 'mknod /dev/usbscanner c 180 48').

    Good luck,

    Oliver