New Backend for ScanMaker3600

From: Marian Eichholz (marian.eichholz@freenet-ag.de)
Date: Tue Apr 17 2001 - 02:56:21 PDT

    Hello,

    good news: I hope to complete my very first version of a SANE driver for
    the Microtek ScanMaker 3600 in the next days.

    In fact, we have a working scanning application, but the SANE
    port/integration is being born now...

    It is *really* alpha (magics, some minor glitches, USBLIB), but we
    should give it a go.

    See sm3600.sourceforge.net for details.

    Well, the SANE makefile integration is the part, where help will be
    apprechiated. At present there have to be some manual modifications of
    the Makefile, and it would be very nice to get it integrated into future
    releases of the backends.

    So, who can we contact for the frameworking issues?

    --
    Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Yours sincerely

    Marian Eichholz

    - - - - - - - - - - - Marian Eichholz Postmaster freenet.de AG Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Gerhard Schmid Deelbögenkamp 4c Vorstand: Eckhard Spoerr (Vors.), Axel Krieger 22297 Hamburg Amtsgericht Hamburg, HRB 74048