Re: Twain interface

From: Stephen Williams (steve@icarus.com)
Date: Mon Apr 16 2001 - 11:18:59 PDT

    nigel.feltham@libertysurf.co.uk said:
    > Has anyone thought of the possibility of adding a twain backend to
    > sane

    Gosh, it would be nice if someone wrote a twain *front*end for SANE.
    We really need to get the scanner manufactures on board to write
    data sources for this, though. the TWAIN API is waiting for the scanner
    vendors, and the scanner vendors are waiting for TWAIN. And of course
    the applications are waiting for the TWAIN API...

    I have a bunch of high-end scanners that I would just love to write
    Linux/TWAIN/SANE drivers for, but SANE needs to learn about compressed
    image streams. (Actually, if SANE were to just learn about compressed
    images, then I can at the very least write SANE drivers, and that would
    be kool enough.)

    steve@icarus.com              But I have promises to keep,
    steve@picturel.com            and lines to code before I sleep,