Re: problems with sysconfdir

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (hmg-ml@gmx.de)
Date: Wed Apr 11 2001 - 12:28:05 PDT

  • Next message: abel deuring: "Re: Hungry CVS: cvs : external/sane/sane-backends README.linux configure configure.in external/sane/sane-backends/sanei sanei_scsi.c"

    Hi,

    On Wed, Apr 11, 2001 at 08:14:11PM +0200, Peter Weilbacher wrote:
    > I have tried to use sane-backends-1.0.4 with xsane-0.75 and found
    > with strace that it looks in /etc/sane.d/sane.d for the
    > *.conf-files, although I configured with --sysconfdir=/etc and *not*
    > --sysconfdir=/etc/sane.d

    I tried this and can *not* reproduce it at least with the current CVS.
    The directory is created (/etc/sane.d) and the files are copied into
    it. The backends access /etc/saned./backend.conf. By the way, you can
    get more information about the accesses of the configuration directory
    by using:

    SANE_DEBUG_SANEI_CONFIG=255 scanimage -L

    > All Makefiles correctly show sysconfdir, and during installation
    >
    > sane-backends-1.0.4> find . -name Makefile -exec grep -H "sysconfdir" {} \;
    > ./backend/Makefile:sysconfdir = /etc
    > ./backend/Makefile:configdir = ${sysconfdir}/sane.d
    [...]

    Looks ok for me. Two reasons for this come to my mind: Maybe you tried
    different things and there is an old entry left somewhere in the sane
    tree. Try "make distclean" and try again. Or maybe you set the
    environment variable SANE_CONFIG_DIR somwhere to a wrong value.

    Bye,
      Henning