Re: [snapscan] High resolution scanning

From: Rainer Hantsch (rainer@hantsch.co.at)
Date: Wed Apr 11 2001 - 00:46:26 PDT

    I get the same with my ACER Prisa 620S.

    The image is squeezed in horizontal direction (or of double height)...

    It seems that my scanner supports equal X/Y-resolutions only up to 600 dpi but
    does 600x1200 (or 1200x600 ?) in the next higher resolution. And this gives
    this squeezed image. (But you can use gimp, cut the usable part and scale it
    back...)
    But another thing is more nasty than this: If I switch my scanner to 1200 dpi,
    I get big color shadowes. The image is sharp, but above and below each color I
    see light shadows in orange and blue respectively. And this is a bigger
    problem but may depend on this "high quality scanner".

      Ing. Rainer Hantsch

          \\|// Ing. Rainer HANTSCH - Hardware + Software
          (o o) Your Partner - Your Supplier - Your Friend!
    Ing. Rainer HANTSCH | e-Mail: office@hantsch.co.at
    Khunngasse 21/20 | www : http://www.hantsch.co.at
    A-1030 Vienna | Tel. : ++43 - 1 - 7988538 0
    ---------------------| Fax : ++43 - 1 - 7988538 18
    ** AUSTRIA ** | Mobile: ++43 - 663 - 9194382