Problem scanning colour images using a Snapscan 1236s

From: Nick R (npr@bottlehall.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: Sun Apr 08 2001 - 15:03:03 PDT

    Hi I'm new to Linux and thus SANE so apologies in advance for ignorance or breach of protocols, etc.

    I'm running RedHat 7.0 with 2.2.16 kernel, Sane 1.0.4.

    The scanner is connected via an Adaptec 1505 compatible with AHA152x driver. I can scan b/w images quite happily. Using the command line scanimage also works but xscanimage (or xsane) result in images where the image is broken up into blocks which are then re-arranged. It seems that the blocks get smaller in the direction of the scan. Changing the number of lines per read sometimes makes a difference, sometimes not.

    I've tried looking at the message archive but am getting bounced by the server.

    Regards

    Nick Robinson