Re: sm3600 SANE backend in the beam

From: James Tappin (james@xena.uklinux.net)
Date: Tue Apr 03 2001 - 11:42:15 PDT

    On Tuesday 03 April 2001 16:25, you wrote:
    > > This is a general problem.
    > > You can either live with it and use saned over TCP/IP loopback, which
    > > I wouldn't recommend.
    > > Or you change the permissions and ownership on the usbdevfs entry.
    > > Or write a small kernel module.

    Check out http://www.xena.uklinux.net/Linux/usb_perms.html for a quick and
    dirty daemon to fix the file permissions. I think that under 2.4, the
    hotplug capability will provide similar functionality.

    James

    --
    James Tappin,               O__      "I forget the punishment for using
    james@xena.uklinux.net     --  \/`    Microsoft --- Something lingering