Re: Colour matching

From: Oliver Rauch (Oliver.Rauch@rauch-domain.de)
Date: Tue Mar 27 2001 - 04:25:23 PST

    Jim Ford wrote:

    > Any tips or urls on matching the colour on the screen to the printed
    > result, please? From what I've read, there's a technique in Photoshop
    > to do this, but I'm not aware of any for Linux utilities.
    > The match between the original and what is displayed on the sreen is
    > pretty accurate on my setup, but the printed result isn't. I'm using a
    > HP890C and an Epson Stlus 600.
    >
    > Are there any printers that give particularly good results?
    >
    > Regards: Jim Ford

    Hi Jim,

    I plan to include one day (in the far future) a color management system
    to xsane. There is nothing you can call color managemant for the sane
    frontends I know.

    With setting up display gamma and printer gamma values you can get a
    little
    improvement with xsane, but that really is only a little improvement.

    May be there is a gimp plugin that can display an image how it would
    look
    like when printed on a printer - don`t know.

    Bye
    Oliver