Re: Can you recommend Acer 640UT with linux ?

From: Oliver Schwartz (Oliver.Schwartz@gmx.de)
Date: Tue Mar 27 2001 - 00:26:00 PST

    the 640UT is working with sane and the snapscan backend (get the latest
    version from http://snapscan.sourceforge.net). You'll need to upload the firmware
    for the scanner manually before doing the first scan (see instructions on
    sourceforge page). The transparency adaptor is also supported.

    I own a 620UT and I'm quite happy with it. You won't be able to use the 48
    bits provided by the 640, since sane currently only supports 24 bits.

    Oliver

    http://www.gmx.net