I dropped my Espon 636U...

From: Christoph Doerbeck A242369 (cdoerbec@cso.fmr.com)
Date: Mon Mar 26 2001 - 11:16:09 PST

    I recently was transporting my EPSON 636U scanner when if fell to the
    ground. The only part that broke (besides the exterior case cracking)
    was piece on the transport assembly which I krazy-glued back on. Seemed
    ok. The arm moves, the lamp lights...

    But I can't get rid of this funky veritcal line on all my scans. For
    an example please see: http://www.linuxsoup.com/IMHO/whistler/fig06.jpg

    I've completely disassembled the scanner and cleaned the optics, but can't
    get rid of that line.

    Any scanner guru's with any tips?

    By the way, I'm using this USB scanner attached to a diskless client
    and shared with saned to the rest of my network. COOL!

    -christoph