Re: [snapscan] Acer 300F

From: Gabriele Conrad (gabriele_conrad@web.de)
Date: Wed Mar 21 2001 - 06:21:28 PST

    Hello,
    the scanner is working now!
    Let me summarize:
    The scanner, an Acer 300F, is connected to an SCSI-controller DawiControl 2974
    PCI. The driver I used for this contoller was AM53C/974. The scanner is
    recognized and listed at /proc/scsi/scsi but scanning gives a segfault.
    Next I tried the driver tmscsim for the controller. The scanner was recognized
    and scanning went fine, but my CD-writer wasn't recognized anymore and I had a
    lot of error messages at boot-time.
    Then I had the idea to exchange the cable between scanner and controller and
    everything worked fine. (of cause this wasn't the reason for the segfault with
    the other driver, that still happens if I use it)
    I can recommend to anyone who is using an Acer300F on a DawiControl 2974 PCI to
    use the tmscsim-driver (one of the newer versions of it, the older ones seem to
    have a problem with devices who take a relatively long time to identify
    themselves at bootup). I use the version that is signed v2.60.2.22 in the file
    tmscsim.c (it's the one that came with SuSE 7.0) and it works great for me.

    Thanks to all who helped me solve this problem.

    Gabi