Re: HP ScanJet 3300Cse

From: Oliver Neukum (Oliver.Neukum@lrz.uni-muenchen.de)
Date: Wed Mar 07 2001 - 14:23:09 PST

    > It looks like usb-scsi detects my scanner successfully, but then
    > something goes wrong - /proc/scsi/scsi says "Attached devices: none" and
    > scanimage -t gives:

    You hacked it to recognise the scanner.
    That it does.
    However it cannot transmit SCSI commands.
    The rumors that the 3300 is like the 5300 are utterly baseless.

    > usb-scsi says in debug log "USB-SCSI: this device doesn't exist" i guess
    > that is the problem. What's causing it?

    That's the SCSI layer looking for up to 8 devices
    while there's only one scanner on the virtual bus. It's harmless.

    > Any idea of what i may need to change?

    You'd need to write a 3300 driver.

            Regards
                    Oliver Neukum