Re: [configure] Could not run SANE test program (still)

From: Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@rauch-domain.de)
Date: Tue Mar 06 2001 - 13:14:25 PST

    Hi Tom,

    if possible - please could you send the mails in text format instead of html format?
    (I am using netscape on linux to read the mail and the font is so small that I can
    not read anything).

    > > Is sane-config found?
    >
    > bash$ which sane-config
    > /usr/local/bin/sane-config

    is /usr/local/bin in your PATH?
    If not, please add it.

    > > Is /usr/local/lib listed in /etc/ld.so.conf ?
    >
    > No, it wasn't. Should I just add it?
    > Did something fail that was supposed to add it?

    You did not miss anything. SANE expects that
    /usr/local/bin is in your path and /usr/local/lib
    is in /etc/ld.so.conf

    It looks like some distributions do not set up /usr/local
    any more.

    Add /usr/local/lib to /etc/ld.so.conf and call ldconfig as root.

    Bye
    Oliver

    --
    Homepage:	http://www.rauch-domain.de