sane_get_parameters before sane_start

From: Frederik Ramm (frederik@remote.org)
Date: Mon Mar 05 2001 - 13:11:28 PST

       in the SANE spec it says:

    > While setting up the device, it is also admissible to call
    > sane_get_parameters() to get an estimate of what the image
    > parameters will look like once image acquisition begins.

    Does that mean in the backend I have to calculate the scan width in
    pixels, the bytes per line value, etc. every time the user changes an
    option? Until now, I was planning to do these calculations only once,
    in sane_start, but that would mean that you'll get meaningless results
    from sane_get_parameters() unless sane_start has already been called.

    Comments from the front-end writers?

    Bye
    Frederik

    --