RE: OT: Is "fileno()" conform to ANSI or POSIX?

From: Collins, Martin (martin.collins@sage.com)
Date: Mon Mar 05 2001 - 09:17:03 PST

    Oliver Rauch asked:
    > The question is if I can expect that fileno() is available
    > on most/all systems xsane does compile on.

    I believe fileno() is specified in POSIX 1003.1 and is available
    on HP-UX, AIX and QNX as well as in glibc. So you're probably safe
    using it.

    Martin

    The statements and opinions expressed here are my own
    and may not represent those of the company.

    This e-mail is subject to copyright and the information in it
    is confidential. It is intended only for the named recipient.
    You are advised not to disclose the contents of this e-mail
    to another person or take copies of it.