Re: Writing Fujitsu M3091 backend

From: Nick Lamb (njl98r@ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Thu Mar 01 2001 - 06:14:41 PST

    On Thu, Mar 01, 2001 at 10:34:13AM +0100, mh wrote:
    > There is no "well known option" or a flag in SANE_Parameters which tells the
    > frontend that it should continue with image acquisition. Therefore you

    There is a return code, SANE_STATUS_NO_DOCS which indicates that we've
    run out of paper, or some analagous problem has occurred, this is what
    you want I think.

    > have the following possibilities:
    > -let the user hit the scan button for each single scan operation
    > -let the user set the number of scans, and then try to acquire this number of
    > scans.

      -scan images until the backend returns SANE_STATUS_NO_DOCS indicating
    that it doesn't have anything left worth scanning.

    This is what all the existing software which supports ADF does AFAIK.
    Some future version of the standard should spell this out in the advice
    for implementers.

    Nick.