xsane 0.72 and big color scans

From: Christoph Knauer (christoph.knauer@web.de)
Date: Mon Feb 26 2001 - 01:15:26 PST

    Hi People,

    I've problems to scan color pictures. If I select color, 300dpi and jpeg as
    format, the scan works fine, but after (very slow slow scanning via net)
    receiving all data an error occurs: xsane said, that file xyz not found for
    converting.

    When I take a look in my sane-dir, so i find a file like
    63139549597-192.168.10.130_microtek__dev_sga.ppm, thats all. I can view it
    with acdsee, convert it to my format I wish, and so on.

    This happens every time I scan with color-settings, with small or with
    full-size-pictures.

    If I scan in other color-depth (grey, ...), all works fine.

    The hdd-properties for c: says, about 600mb free; on my server about 2gb free!

    So long, Christoph