Re: use of ioperm in sane -> sanei_ppdev

From: Jochen Eisinger (jochen.eisinger@gmx.de)
Date: Mon Feb 12 2001 - 10:47:37 PST

    Hi!

    The sanei_pa4s2 interface uses direct port io to communicate with the parallel
    port. I also considered using the ppdev interface, but I don't have the
    time to implement this, and don't have a kernel supporting this and only
    linux comes with this interface.

    However, if there was something like a sanei_ppdev which could be used
    by all backends (if such ppdevs are available), I could easily add support
    for this to the sanei_pa4s2.

    [stef]