Re: use of ioperm in sane

From: Tim Waugh (twaugh@redhat.com)
Date: Mon Feb 12 2001 - 08:41:55 PST

    On Mon, Feb 12, 2001 at 05:37:52PM +0100, stef wrote:

    > As far I understood, ppdev relies on parport to read/write
    > data, and when when I look into parport_pc.c, I saw that write/read
    > data only uses inb/outb. I couldn't see any insl or insb that my
    > scanner uses heavily to increase transfer speed.

    The ppdev _interface_ has support for 32-bit EPP reads and writes (or
    it might possibly need a PPFLAG ioctl to set PARPORT_EPP_FAST). The
    implementation hasn't caught up with that yet, but that's a Small
    Matter of Programming.

    But 32-bit writes or 8-bit writes is just a speed thing rather than
    something that makes it not work altogether, surely?

    Tim.
    */