Re: USB

From: S. G. Student (sgsman@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Fri Feb 02 2001 - 05:05:50 PST

    K L Bhavani wrote:

    > Can anyone help me out in configuring the USB interface for hp scanner, I
    > am facing some problems.
    >
    > Regards
    > Bhavani K.L
    > Center for Artificial Intelligence and Robotics
    > Raj Bhavan Circle, High Grounds
    > Bangalore - 560 001, INDIA.
    >
    > Phone: 226 5496 extn./int. 230
    > 226 2126

    1. You should probably be running kernel 2.4+
    2. Read the sane documents to be sure your scanner is supported. HP is
    not very cooperative with the free unix community.
    3. You need to compile in usb and scanner support with the kernel.
    4. Follow the docs step by step
    5. If this fails find out where the pertinent logs are and provide
    details.

    Having said all this and done it myself, I finally gave up and obtained
    and Epson that truly gives easy installation and superior results